Friday, March 19, 2010

Interesting Food Concoctions

This week Kimberly was excited to make some Chango bars she got off a website from school. I was outside visiting with some neighbors while she made the bars, so when I came inside and saw them cooking in the oven, they looked a little funny to me. I referred to her recipe to see what might be wrong. The flour seemed a little bit off to me, so I went to the website she was referring to and noticed the problem(s): the recipe calls for 1/2 cup butter AND a 1/2 cup margarine. She just assumed that since she already had butter, there needn't be any margarine. Then, she wrote down 2/3 cup flour instead of 2 1/3 cups flour. Big difference, hehe.

However, her bars turned out really good. I have made the real version today, and I have to say...I think I like hers better!! We may have to call her recipe Kimberly's bars.

Also, while I was on the phone this morning, trouble-maker Natalie got into the brand new Sam's Club tub of grapes and pulled off every single grape and put them into baggies. I guess she just saved us the trouble of pulling off all those grapes from their stem.

2 comments:

Gail said...

It seems like everytime I bake I forget an ingredient - usually because the kids are distracting me, but that's not always the excuse. Thankfully I remember before I get it into the oven.

Did you hear about Mike's cornbread incident last week? He mistook our salt canister for the sugar...ya those didn't work out.

Janell said...

How about the sweet & sour chicken where I put in 1/2 cup of white vanilla instead of white vinegar? The chicken tasted like cookies. :-)