Monday, February 8, 2010

Blessing Day



We decided to buck tradition this time and do a low-key blessing day. Why did it take 4 kids to figure this out? I remember wondering at our last baby blessing for Natalie why the one who just had a baby was cleaning house, planning a meal, etc. for the big day. We decided to forgo any meal and attended all our church meetings after the blessing. It was gloriously relaxing.

It was a beautiful blessing and I was reminded of how lucky I am to have such special children. I like to think that my dad got to be a part of the special event.


Yes, that is a plant growing out of my head. Don't fret,
I had it removed shortly after the picture was taken.

8 comments:

Janell said...

It was a wonderful blessing!

:-) Sorry about the plant! I think I'm the one that had you stand there. Actually, it looks a little like a crown! :-)

Gail said...

What gorgeous pics of your family! Such pretty girls. Every time we have another baby I think to myself, "Ya, I'm going to bag the after-party." But in hindsight I'm always glad I ultimately decide to host it. Mainly because I don't get to see my side of the family all in one place like that very often. Mo's blessing helped us accomplish so many great photos with her relatives.
And yes I did refer to her as "Mo."
(We also call her Mo-Mo.) We think it's adorable and it's grown on all of us so well, there's no going back now.

M. Nelson said...

She really is a beautiful baby. I'm glad you had the kind of day you were hoping for. Either way we wouldn't have been able to attend. This way I feel a little less bad :).

PS--Gail, I like the nickname Mo. I was appalled when Ethan started calling Adelaide "Ad", but it grew on us and we call her it often.

Unknown said...

I was a great blessing. I do love the plant look. It makes for a great picture : )

Unknown said...

Morgan wanted me to add that you look like lady Liberty holding a baby instead of a torch

Anonymous said...

Your family is soo adorable! I love the blessing dress.

Nelson Nine said...

Beautiful Family! Which we could have been there.

The Heki Family said...

Dana, I love the family picture. Megan is adorable. We didn't have a meal after Matthew's blessing either because our meeting was at 9 and everyone had their own meetings afterwards.