Sunday, November 15, 2009

All Things Related to the Bathroom

Two very exciting things have happened in our bathrooms this last week...er, that sentence sounds a bit strange on its own.

Let me fill you in...

John has finished the tile on the floor in our bathroom and the floor in the shower. It looks gorgeous, not to mention the fact that we can see an end to the construction! I am looking forward to the day I don't have to share a bathroom with 4 other girls. It's an especially tight squeeze on Sunday mornings when we are all trying to shower, do our hair, etc.



I also don't like sharing the throne with a newly potty trained two-year-old...the other exciting news at our house. I keep forgetting to wipe the toilet seat off before sitting, so I usually get an unpleasant surprise after I get seated. Too many unpleasant details? Hey, at least I'm not posting any pictures of Natalie sitting on her cute froggie potty seat (trust me, I did consider it for about 2 seconds).

I know all of the potty training books tell you NOT to potty train when you have a new baby in the house, and trust me...I really tried to post pone the process, but when your two-year-old is sitting on the potty doing her deed several times during the day, several days in a row...it was time.

On a completely unrelated bathroom note,

here are some random pictures from the last week...

My mom came down to help me with the new baby.
It was so nice to have her help because I no longer feel like I'm drowning. It also helps that Megan is learning how to sleep a little better at night (meaning that she is still eating every couple of hours, but at least she goes back to sleep quickly afterwords).

While mom was here, we went to the zoo. It was glorious weather.

...and then the not so glorious weather lent itself to this picture...




2 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

Glad to see everything is going well and that you had some help. Thanks for not posting the potty pictures. That is one of those things we are more likely to do when we are sleep deprived! haha

Janell said...

The bathroom is looking great! John is really doing nice work.

It looks like the kids had a great time with their Grandma. It was wonderful that your mom could come visit!