Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cook for Hire

My ankle is feeling much better. Thank you for all the well wishes.

One thing I discovered from the experience - I have a cook on my hands. Since I was laid up, I asked Kimberly if she wouldn't mind starting some dinner, you know - quick and easy spaghetti with muffins. She was thrilled I trusted her with such a large cooking task since she is always begging me to cook things. It turned out beautifully.

Yesterday she made cookies all by herself for the the first time, and she made her usual batch of waffles this morning. I am so loving having a kid who enjoys cooking.

She's hired!

For some strange reason, I enjoy baking, but thoroughly detest cooking. All of my dinner meals can be cooked in 30 minutes or less. Luckily, my family thinks they are all delicioso (for the most part).

3 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

Dana, I guess it has been a while since I checked out your blog. So many new blogs! Great bathroom. Totally jealous! Sorry about your ankle. I hope your dreams stay too. I am jealous about the new baby too--such a special time although with three girls already it leaves little time for Mom and baby alone. Oh, and tell Kimberly to keep up the good work!

M. Nelson said...

Kimberly, keep taking good care of your mom she's going to need it in the next few weeks!

Janell said...

It sounds like Kimberly is going to be great little cook!