Saturday, June 13, 2009

Not the Weekend I had planned...

This Sunday marks the anniversary of 12 wedded years of bliss for John and I, so we of course had fun plans to go out to dinner tonight. We were going to try out the Melting Pot in Salt Lake. Thank you John for 12 wonderful years (sorry for the sap guys - it won't last long I promise).

Sadly, my weekend plans changed last night and now I am racing against time up to Seattle to see my dad who had a massive heart attack last night. I spoke to one of the nurses working on his case, and he couldn't have suffered in a worse spot in his heart. They put in one stint, but after it failed, but in a second one. For now it is holding, but the next 24 hours are critical. If it fails, the nurse told me there is not much they can do. My dad is going in for some kind of test this morning to see how much damage has been done to the heart, and where to go from here.

My dad is the healthiest horse on the block. He exercises every day and watches what he eats faithfully. In fact, he had just finished up exercising yesterday and was headed to work when he experienced the heart attack.

I have been such a mess, I probably would have forgotten to post something, but I have such wonderful family and friends and as I have experienced the miraculous power of prayer numerous times in my life and my family, I had to get on to humbly ask for more prayers in behalf of my dad. Thank you so much for all you do for me.

6 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janell said...

Our prayers and love are with you!

(The deleted comment was mine - someone else had been logged in on my computer and I didn't notice until too late. I was afraid it would be confusing.)

Gail said...

Dana, we are certainly thinking of you and your family right now. You are in our prayers and I hope your father recovers soon. I have always been touched by his kindness. Please give him our love. Trust the Lord, I know He loves you and very aware of your family right now.

Melissa said...

Dana,
So sorry about your dad. I will pray for you and him.

M. Nelson said...

I'm so worried for your dad and for you. I'm praying for your family. I wish I could be there to do something. Send him our love and know I'm a phone call away if you need anything. Anything.

Unknown said...

Dana, I want you to know that I have been thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. Always remember that our loving father in heaven is on your side. He is with you and has his arms tightly wrapped around you. You are such a strong woman and are a great strength to your family. I know that your dad is so proud of you. I pray that he recovers soon.