Friday, June 26, 2009

My Dad...


I'm back from my very sad and emotional week up in Seattle. I have never felt such deep sorrow or tasted such exquisite grief - I have never cried so much in a week's time - and my emotions change hourly (I don't think it helps to have pregnancy hormones on top of this). I can't talk about it yet because I am still so devastated by the loss of my dad, but I will soon...so don't forget about my blog :)

Thank you to all of you who have been so loving and kind with calls, prayers, and thoughts my way. I have certainly felt buoyed up on countless occasions.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Your Dad was such a good man. And it was obvious he loved you and his family very much. Once again sorry for your loss and please remember I'm here whenever you fell like you need a shoulder to cry on.

Janell said...

Sometimes I still walk past my parents bedroom and for a moment I expect to see my Dad sitting on the side of the bed. It doesn't give me such a deep sense of loss now, just a sweet feeling of his continual presence in my life. We love you!

M. Nelson said...

I've been thinking of you all week. I hope through all the grief you have felt some sense of peace. I love you.

Melissa said...

Love you guys and I'm so sorry for this pain you're experiencing. It's a rough part of mortality. I miss my mom a lot, but the raw pain does go away.

I found that my grief came in waves. I would grieve a bit, then feel fine, then something else would come up and it would come again. I think that is a merciful way to deal with such overwhelming emotions. Hang in there, Friend.