Tuesday, June 16, 2009

News on Dad and Baby Gender

I know, boring title, but after the emotional weekend, I'm out of creativity for the moment. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and thoughts as they were certainly felt. My dad has had an amazingly speedy recovery so I was able to head home on Monday night after he was stable and even able to talk to me briefly. It was a huge relief for all of us to see him doing so much better yesterday, and after talking to my mom this morning, he is still progressing well.

I thought I would also let you know the official news of the baby ultrasound this morning. John is already dreading the teen years as there will not just be 3 girls, but 4 GIRLS!!!! Yes, you read correctly and trust me, we are still adjusting to the news as well. The odds of having 4 girls in a row are so minimal, that we thought for sure there would be a boy added to the mix. However, we are thrilled that she is healthy and everything looks good, so everything will be just fine :)

4 comments:

Michael said...

It's John's fault, you know. He detests BYU so much that he just doesn't have any Y chromosomes to give.

I've been rooting for a boy as well. Aaron's only male cousin moved away and he's surrounded by girls. Not that girls are bad, but it is possible to OD on estrogen.

Well, if we can't have a boy I guess we'll have to settle for healthy. :-)

Congrats!

Gail said...

I was certainly crossing my fingers for you. Little boys are so much fun. Every one tells me, "Oh, you have 1 boy and 2girls? So, at least you get a break from the drama in one way." No, not so much, Aaron is a dramatic little kids sometimes.

Okay, so here's the good news you're not hurting for girl clothes and apparently never will. We're thrilled for you guys, you make very cute little girls. But now, you'll have to change your blog name to "Thank Heaven For Little Girls."

Janell said...

Grandpa Barker apparently has a lot of influence up there! As one who came from a family of girls . . . how lucky can you get! :-) We're absolutely thrilled and can't wait to welcome a new granddaughter. Lots of love to you both!

So glad, too, about Dana's dad. Our prayers are still with him.

M. Nelson said...

Yeah for girls! And yeah for her grandpa's recovery! Good news!