Friday, November 30, 2012

My Latest Addiction

Many of you may already know that my number one favorite dessert of all time is raw chocolate chip cookie dough, followed by a very close second of freshly-baked cookies.  So much so, that I make them every few days or so.

In fact, I would make them every day, but I feel like it is probably best to eat said cookies before making another batch. I do not like stale cookies - any cookie over 2 - 3 days old just doesn't cut it for me.

However, I have discovered something that might be my new favorite dessert that will allow me to have a freshly baked cookie EVERY DAY, and also adhere to my not-so-friendly metabolism that has become devastatingly slow as I have aged.  You see, when I make a batch of cookies, I can't stop at just one cookie, or two, or even three for that matter.  I have found the perfect solution to my dilemma. 

Let me introduce you to the Chocolate-Chip Cookie in a Cup!!

One absolutely divine serving of cookie, perfectly diet-sized, and warm and deliciously gooey with chocolate chips just oozing in yumminess.  My new favorite dessert after lunch.  And I can make it freshly-baked, every day!  Can it not get any better than that?  Well, my family may start wondering why the cookie jar is empty, but other than that, I think not.  

Want to make one too?  I can vouch for it's easiness and taste-worthiness.  I tried the cake in a cup one, and that was not so good, but this cookie one is fantabulous!!

Melt 1 T butter in the microwave.  Then add 1 T white sugar and 1 T of brown sugar.
I will have you all know that I am typing this recipe by memory, as it is so simple (and I've made it 3 times in the last 2 days). 


Then add 3 drops of vanilla and one egg yoke - you guys all know the trick of cracking the egg and letting all the egg white stuff out while leaving the yolk part, right?


Then add a pinch of salt, and a scant 1/4 cup of flour. I am assuming scant means just under 1/4 cup, so don't be overgenerous - but don't quote me on that.  All I know is, my scant cup makes a perfect cookie.  


Lastly, add 2 T of chocolate chips, but I confess, I don't measure this...I just start dumping in the chocolate morsels until it looks sufficiently chocolately.

Mix, and then cook in the microwave for 40-50 seconds. 

Mine came out looking like this...

and this...

Trust me, it tastes better than it looks.
Now, get your bums off the computer chair and go make one of these...you won't regret it.

4 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Mmmmm. I've always wondered if those desserts in a cup really worked. Now if there were pie in a cup I'd be in heaven.

Smith Family said...

This cracks me up! I can just picture you making these in my mind!

Delores said...

Marian, I have a recipe for pie in a jar which I heard is really good. However, I have never made it, so can't vouch for it.

Dana, I totally want to try this...it looks awesome!

Nelson Nine said...

This made me laugh. I am definitely going to have to try it.