Monday, October 15, 2012

Farming it for Birthday Fun


  This cute darling turned three on Saturday, so we of course celebrated with the usual cake, presents, and merriment.  She isn't really a baby anymore, is she?

Obviously not as evidenced by the destruction in the picture above.  She is certainly thriving in the terrible threes stage already.

I had finished baking the cake and left it to cool while I finished cleaning the house, but Megan beat me to it.  She was so excited when she came and told me she had tried some of her birthday cake, that I hated to dash out her excitement with frustration.

So, Alicia and I just frosted around it, and no one was the wiser when it came to gobbling it up after the candles were blown out.

 To celebrate, we went to Black Island Farms in Syracuse, where they have tons 'o' farm fun for all.  We did the corn maze first before it got to dark, then proceeded into the play area where they had a bunch of hay slides set up.  

 John decided several runs with the girls probably wasn't the best thing for his broken back.  Well, technically not so broken, but it hasn't ever fully recovered from the time he did break it *sledding* a few years back.  We won't go there though.  I'm already in the chicken coop for posting a picture of him asleep on the couch in an earlier post.

 They have the coolest tractor-pulled train thingy, which all of the girls rode countless time while John and I enjoyed the blissful moments without the girl's mayhem.  


 ...and what would a farm be without horse tire swings?

Pumpkin tic-tac-toe anyone?
 We finished up the fun with a few rounds of corn cannoning.  Sadly, no ones corn reached the bunny target, but it was sure cool though.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Happy Birthday to Megan! I can't believe she's already three!

Unknown said...

I love that you still frosted the remaining cake. It's the best cake you have made :)