Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Is Upon Us

 It's fall, which means I spend A LOT of time out on the deck reading or just plain enjoying this blessedly beautiful weather.  I love - LOVE - this time of year.

I spend every precious minute I can soaking up the glorious fall sunshine on the deck in the early afternoon.  I love sitting and watching the girls play in the backyard in the late afternoon.  I love watching the sun set each evening from our backyard.  I even sat on the porch wrapped up in a blanket the other night because it was so pretty, but a tad on the chilly side. 

Fall also means conference weekend, which involves our annual tradition of making Halloween cookies during the Sunday afternoon session.

 Fall even means we get to celebrate Columbus Day, so while the girls trucked it off to school for the holiday, John got the federal holiday off work, which of course meant working on the honey-do list, one of those being the ever-so-fun task of changing the car oil.  Megan even got in on the action and helped John hold tools and the flashlight. 

Ahh, I love fall.  I am not really ready for winter just yet.  Or the dreaded time-change.  I hate that.  I love having it light in the evenings.  Hope y'all are enjoying your fall as well! 


1 comment:

Janell said...

I love this time of year.