Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ouch.

Fourteen years and four kids later, the inevitable finally happened.

Our first broken bone. Poor Kimberly.

How did my ever-so-cautious 11-year-old break her finger you ask?

sigh.

Goofing off with her best friend during drama practice at school.

You gotta' love those phone calls from the school:

8:40 a.m.
"Mom?" "Can you come pick me up?"
"Why, what's up - didn't I just drop you off?"
"I broke my finger."
"WHAT!?!?!? Are you sure?"
"Um,...yah...the finger is facing a different direction from the other fingers."
"I'll be right there."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You had quite the morning mama Rimington!

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Why was she in drama before school? Oh, is she in the school play this year? Was she freaking out? I think I probably would if my finger was facing the wrong way. :)

Gail said...

Yikes! Give Kimberly our love!

Nelson Nine said...

I love the finger facing different comment. On the bright side, I had a great visit with Kimberly at Grandma's the other day. What a beautiful young lade she is becoming. You've done good Mom (and Dad)!