Thursday, March 24, 2011

March - In Like a Lion and Still Going.

March has wooshed in like a lion for us, though as March comes to a close, there doesn't seem to be a lamb anywhere in sight as we're getting pounded with yet another storm.

The month started out with Kimberly's 11th Birthday. We celebrated as a family at Chuck E Cheese - her choice, not ours by any means. Afterwards, we dug into this yummy looking cake with mounds of flowered frosting.


She is getting older as we inhale. In fact, one of those boxes holds a couple new t-shirts for her, and sadly, I did not buy them in the kids section. yes, that's right folks, she has moved into the older girls section. yikes! (notice I can't say the T word. t_ _ n _ _ _ r )

As for the rest of the month, we spent a healthy amount of time in Salt Lake City at the Energy Solutions Arena for these two events (guess which one John enjoyed more) -


Grandma Lynn treated us to Disney on Ice. The girls were in heaven.

Disney Princess Heaven that is.
(you can't see Alicia - she is on the other side of Grandma)

A couple weeks later, Rock 'n' Roll Heaven for the parental side of the family -

Bon Jovi is John's absolute favorite singer and band, so when he came to SLC on tour about 8 years ago, of course we went. Having never been to a real rock concert before, I learned really quick that rock concerts are very, Very, VERY loud. I came prepared this time around with my magical earplugs - the very thing that allowed me to actually make it to the end of the concert without ringing ears like the first time around. Don't worry, I only put them in for about 4 songs, but trust me, it helped immensely.


Interestingly, Bon Jovi has been rocking for 27 years, so there was a wide range of people at the concert - from teens, to twentysomethings, to us thirtyish ones, even couples in their 40s and 50s.


It was a very good concert indeed, especially since we got to enjoy a night out without kidlets (thanks grandma rimington) and attempt to feel younger again. We sat next to another couple that looked just like us - in their thirties, married, probably had kids - they rocked out about as much as we did.


and Lastly, what would a blog post be without a few snippets of Megan's latest (mis) adventures?

We enjoyed a trip out to one of the local frozen yogurt shops where Megan Really enjoyed hers.

...and here are the more civilized of the natives. well, maybe just a little more civilized.

I think that's it for the month. Until next time, I'll keep singing with Bon Jovi,
It's My Life -
It's now or never - wo, ooh,
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive,
It's My Life!

3 comments:

Nelson Nine said...

It all sounds so fun and the cake looked so good. How come yours always look so good? The concert looked so fun! Can't believe Kimberly is so old!

Gail said...

Why is it when you take the kids out for chocolate...they always end up wearing it? I just took Bekah to a movie a few days ago and she ended up wearing hers too. (I remember Emma doing the same thing - at the same movie theater 4 years ago!)

Great pics! Your cake turned out awesome, as always.

The Heki Family said...

IF you made that cake then I am way impressed. It is gorgeous! YOu are so talented. Yes, kids grow up fast. Heidi will be 12 in April. Wow!