Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow and Boys.


It's snowing today.
Finally.

Good thing too, because the rain last week wreaked havoc on the existing snow and pretty soon my yard was naked, er, rather, the deadly winterized grass was revealed. Here's to hoping I get to use the snow blower today. I may have to duke it out later with John. Better go beef up my muscles now.

Snow - lots of it - means we get to do things like this...


Which, as most of you all know, can lead to a broken back or two. You'd think John would be adverse to sledding as a result, but no, you can still find him doing this a time or two, or three or four...

Actually, it kind of worked out for my benefit. It is what is allowing me to take the girls up skiing when they get old enough. Originally John thought skiing might be a little too "dangerous." Who knew the sled had other plans for him a few years back.

And of course, I couldn't resist taking pictures of these cuties. I couldn't seem to get the older two to stop sledding long enough for a picture. So don't go thinking I love them any less. Because I don't.


Moving on.

In case you're wondering what in the world boys have to do with snow, well, it doesn't.

However, Kimberly is getting a little too close to boys for my comfort level doing things like this...

and a little of this too...

Remember when I told you at the beginning of the school year Kimberly signed up for every activity possible at school? This is one of them. Ballroom Dancing, which she loves, loves, loves. I'm glad she enjoys it, but one thing we get to do as part of the activity is venture out to a few ballroom dancing competitions (didn't realize I signed up for that part of it). At the recent competition, her team won a silver ribbon and the school won the spirit award.

Fun Times Indeed.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Snow - We are finally getting some snow too. Hopefully enough to do the same kind of activities!

Dance - Tell Kimberly Aunt Gail took ballroom dance too, (in junior high) I was part of our touring/performing group and it was so much fun!!

Boys - Good luck.

Linda said...

She looks like her mom and looks like she's having such a great time. I wish they would have had that when I was even in high school.