Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Little of This, a Little of That

Megan's Shot of the Week.
I'm really trying very hard to make sure the youngest Rimington doesn't get the raw end of the deal when it comes to family album portion space.

And in other news on the Megan front, she has finally decided to up and start walking on us this past week at 15 - 1/2 months.
She is sure growing up fast.

-----------------------------

I have learned a couple things from a recent ski outing with Kimberly I wanted to share with you.

#1) Always Listen To Your Mother. She's Usually Right.

When she tells you to grab your coat on the way out to the car,
it's usually a good idea.
Good thing I had an extra sweatshirt to share with Kimberly when we discovered her blunder up at the ski place.

#2) Never say, 'I Can't'. I watched yesterday as a blind woman skied down the hill and several others who couldn't walk ski happily down the hill. I will never say 'I Can't' again.

The blind woman was skiing behind her partner as he skied with his poles behind him, tapping them steadily the entire way down the mountain so she knew where to ski.

As for the ones who couldn't walk, they sat in toboggan like things with little skis in each hand with someone pushing their sled thing down the hill. The person pushing would tell the rider which hand to use for their mini-ski so they could help in the skiing process.

I was sincerely humbled at how much I am able to do and yet I still complain at times or think I can't do something.
(No John, you do not get to make a comment here.)

-----------------------------

And last, but not least,

Drum Roll Please,

I am no longer the primary chorister.
Shocker, I know, but after nearly 3 years (and 3 primary programs), I have been released and have a perfectly lovely, non-demanding calling now as the ward music chairman.
Can you even ask for a better calling?
I think not.

8 comments:

Gail said...

Making sure you take the same amount of pictures as baby 2, 3 & 4can prove rather challenging at times, huh? As a Mom I never thought that would happen to me, but honestly when you only have one that's what you - take a lot of pictures - when siblings come along the free time spent on photographing baby diminishes.

Linda said...

Cute mother daughter pictures. Life can be very humbling at times. We have so much. Kynslie didn't walk until 15 months either.

Gail said...

Oh by the way - cute pony tail in Megan's hair! I don't know if Mosey would let me do her hair like that OR if she'd even keep it in for longer than 5 seconds.

Unknown said...

I thought she was on her way to walking. When I baby sat her last week she did take a few steps. Your world just got a bit harder I bet :)

Michael said...

You know, getting a "sleeper calling" can only mean one thing...your spouse is about to get something huge! Good luck! :-)

Nelson Nine said...

I want to be the Primary Secretary. Get to hear all the cute stories and keep roll.

Janell said...

Looks like you and Kimberly are having some great mother/daughter time!

John said...

11 year-old scouts is a big calling. It's quite a bit different from Cubs!