Sunday, August 29, 2010

Front Page Story!!

So, I am a lowly pion correspondent at the Standard-Examiner where my stories usually end up in the second section of the paper, like Top of Utah or the Business Section. However, every once in a blue moon, a correspondents' story will end up on the front page, and that is exactly where one of my stories ended up today - on the front page (A1) above the fold.

Here is the link if you are interested in checking it out...

http://www.standard.net/topics/sports/2010/08/28/72-year-old-can-chun-kuk-do-layton-seniors-focus-turns-fancy-writing-fancy-

Or you can just google dana rimington karate standard examiner and it will pull up.

In really, really tiny print below the title, you might be able to see my name.
If you click on the picture, it enlarges a tad. Not that you don't know what my name looks like.

Did I mention how much I love my job? I love that I can work from home doing interviews on the phone and writing up my stories at my own convenience. I have mastered the art of writing with constant interruptions if I decide to take a nap while Natalie and Megan are sleeping instead of writing.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

so awesome! Congrats! I'll have to tell everyone that I know you!

zohner said...

Wow! That is awesome. Congratulations.

Janell said...

Congratulations! We'll look forward to more stories in the future!

The Porters said...

Congratulations! :)

Gail said...

Congrats! That is wonderful news!

Unknown said...

I saw your name!! LOL good job Dana! You are a wonderful writer.

Nelson Nine said...

Way to go. What a fun story. You will have to keep us updated. Try to remember us little people when you are rich and famous.