Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bear Lake Trek

We made our annual trek up to Bear Lake with the entire Rimington gang and had us some fun-fun times. It is something we look forward to every year, and especially me this year since I was sidelined from the jet skis last year with Megan cooking away.




Sadly, there is no family photo of us - someone always seemed to be out on a jet ski, taking the mile-long trek to the porta potties, or fast asleep...


We did get this classic shot though.
Might I say I felt very vampire-like.

Here is what I had envisioned before John intervened...


And Megan is starting to experience a few food firsts -

Her very first ever red vine. Success.


My friend introduced her to her first oreo. Double success.


and she's decided watermelon is definitely a hit.



Well, it's a good thing we had such a good time because this week we are slaving away in our bedroom wielding our paint brushes. So far, 10 hours into the painting torture, and only the white is done :( Wednesday and Thursday will be tan and Saturday will be red. Then let the shopping fun begin.

6 comments:

Janell said...

We did have a good time, didn't we! I'm still cleaning up sand, though!

Gail said...

Love the pics of Megan and the watermelon! Oh and little Natalie sleeping...too cute.



Love Bear Lake!
I just finished our Garden City post too.

Denni said...

Don't you hate painting? We did it last year to our home and I think I'm good for the next 10 years!! Looks like you guys had a ball this summer.

Nelson Nine said...

Great pictures. I love bear lake!

The Heki Family said...

Great pictures. You look great! Yes, I am the one who introduced Megan to oreos but she seemed to do okay. :)

Linda said...

I know grandpa would be proud of you with all those cute little girls and one gorgeous wife.