Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lovin' Spring Time

Having recovered from the hair drama, we quite enjoyed the weekend of sunshiny, warm weather. We enjoyed a fishing trip - no fish, but a dream sitting by the water, bathing in the warm sunshine as it set, and viewing the mountain grandeur. Heavenly. (not quite as heavenly as the beach, mind you, but still heavenly.)






We also got to visit and pet this cute gal...

One of our neighbors invited us over to see their mini-pony.
I've never been up close to one this small before!


I also got to enjoy another date with my honey Friday night with absolutely NO children. I am really loving having an older baby I can leave with a sitter. We were gone for five whole hours of bliss!! We checked out the Pirates of the Carri - BEEN, a spoof off the movie at the Deseret Star Theater. It was a lot of fun, especially followed up with a most delish shake from the famous Iceberg place in Salt Lake.

Now we're back to the grind this week as I soak up as much enjoyment of the kids being at school as possible before the dreaded summer break begins.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Fishing was always fun with dad. I don't think he ever caught any while we were around, because he was always bating hooks. I'll be you'll be excited for summer when it really is here.

Gail said...

..."The dreaded summer break"




I love it!

P.S. Off-Track time is not my favorite time either.

M. Nelson said...

Put this on the list of things to do when we're out in Aug.!

Janell said...

It looks like you all had a great time!

PS
Do the girls bait their own hooks? :-)

John said...

Kimberly and Alicia both put their cheese on the hooks. Kimberly is pretty good at casting, and Alicia is learning.

I'm sure they can handle worms if they can feed a falcon mice. ;)

Nelson Nine said...

Sounds like a fun day!