Monday, February 16, 2009

The Joys of Being Sick

I have contracted an oh-so-lovely cold that seems to have set up camp in my chest. I am trying to be positive and think about the benefits of being sick.

1. I can lie around the house watching as much TV as I want without feeling guilty. This morning I unguiltily watched some cooking shows, Rachel Ray, The View, and then some home shows on HGTV. My guilt-free morning ended when I realized there was a peculiar odor coming from Natalie's bum and she was hungry for lunch.

2. I don't have to make dinner. Usually I can talk John into this least favorite task of mine when I'm sick. The only down side to this is that he does not get home until 6 p.m. Which leads me to my next benefit.

3. If the kids and I need dinner before 7 p.m., I can make something REALLY simple like Top Ramen, spaghetti, pancakes, you get the idea without feeling guilty whatsoever.

4. The house is a disaster, but I don't feel good enough to clean it up, therefore...no guilt!

5. I don't have to exercise today!! (Need I say more about this)

6. Hmmm...I'm starting to run out of positives. Unfortunately there was no school today because of the holiday, so I wasn't excited about that, but...Kim and Alicia spent most of the morning outside building a snow fort. Yay for snow!!

Now I think I will have a nice bowl of clam chowder for lunch, put Natalie down for a nap, set the girls up in front of a movie, and crawl into my bed. Yes, I am still in my pjs and plan to remain that way for the duration. Maybe being sick isn't so bad after all.

4 comments:

M. Nelson said...

You didn't feel guilty for watching The View? You should! :)

Hope you're feeling better!

zohner said...

Hope you get feeling better soon. I've had the same thing for almost two weeks now. It's no fun being sick. Fortunately, it's subsided a bit so that I can function.

Janell said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you're improving! :-)

Melissa said...

Hope you're on the mend!