Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another great invention...

I have a confession to make. John and I have disagreements. In fact, one of the biggest disagreements we have had over the years comes at travel time. Here is the problem: I am not a very good driver, and I am not a very good navigator. This is not very conducive to happy traveling. Therefore, much frustration usually occurs on our trips when we are trying to get somewhere. That is until the invention of the gps. (Singing here...) Hallelujah!! Marital bliss now reigns on our traveling adventures as we sweetly listen to the lady's voice say, "turn right in 500 yards." This is of course much more preferable to the, "Oh, you needed to turn right there, oops, sorry I was a little late giving that information to you." Sigh. How I will miss the glares from the driver's side of the car when I give him those lines.

On our trip to Hawaii, we simply plucked the gps from it's prime location in the car and lovingly placed it in our suitcase. It faithfully guided us around the island, including finding a nice secluded beach not listed on any of our maps!

I hope the gps continues giving us pleasant directions because I fear the day it starts reverting back to our old ways and spitting out something like, "You forgot to turn back there ?!*! I have no idea where we are at!" I much prefer our new traveling accomodations and love that we can get through a trip without one ioda of direction disagreements.

4 comments:

Janell said...

Boy, does this sound familiar!!! Maybe Ken will get a gps for his birthday. :-)

M. Nelson said...

i have a testimony of the GPS. And I'm not kidding. It's heaven sent!!!

zohner said...

I love having a GPS in the car on trips. In addition to having John Cleese's voice tell us where to go, it also seems to reduce travel times by giving us the most direct route. I agree that this is a wonderful invention.

Nelson Nine said...

Hey, thanks for the invite. You're invited to view mine as well, however, you'll have to ask Janell how to do it! haha I need one of those GPS things and I am so totally jealous of Hawaii and the surfing!