Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Bitter with the Sweet

 
The first bitter news of the week, which defined, means difficult to accept and mentally painful.
 
Rhea, John's Peregrine Falcon he had for six years passed away this week.
We are still in shock.
We all got quite attached to her.

 
No immediate plans to replace her yet.
In fact, John is thinking he might take a break from falconry for a bit.
We will see what the future holds.
 
In other bitter news, Alicia graduated from sixth grade today.
It was difficult to accept because I am having a hard time grasping that we will now have two daughters in junior high, and it was mentally painful because my girls are growing up too fast - I know its cliché, but all I wanted to do when I got home working my full days at Lagoon was to cuddle up on the couch with John on my one side with the younger girls taking turns sitting on my lap and to my other side, with Kimberly and Alicia chilling at the end of the couch.
 
Truly blissful moments, and mentally painful because the time is starting to accelerate too quickly.
I've often caught myself pining over the days when the girls were young, but then I think, "I guess I will just have to wait and enjoy that again with our grandkids."
 
Seriously!?!?
Am I really already planning on holding my tiny grandbabies and cuddling with cute, fun toddlers again? 
Yes, and I am finally admitting this aloud for the first time.
 
That is why I was a basket case at Alicia's graduation, thinking about the not-so-far away years when we start sending them off to college, which actually is only 4 short years away for Kimberly.
Great...the tears will be flowing onto the keyboard if I keep going.
Aackk! I digress....
 
Back to the topic at hand:
 
 
 Alicia received an award for superb improvement in her schoolwork.
Here she is sharing the moment with one of her dear friends, Corrine.
 

...and what would a graduation post be without the classic pose with the certificate picture.
Here it is:
 
 
Now to go find a Kleenex. Sheesh.
 

2 comments:

tweston said...

It is incredible to me how quickly your girls have grown up! It is exciting, because life is full of grand adventures, but also sad, because growing up means change. Alicia is quite the pretty little lady!

Nelson Nine said...

hahahaha! I feel your pain! It will be okay.