Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Welcome December

 
 Merry Christmas my friends!
 
 
As of now, this is our only Christmas decoration out. 
We really ought to get going on that.
The plan is to get our tree up in the next day or so, in addition to the other Christmas stuff.
 
 
In the meantime, we went with some friends and saw reindeer. 
 
 
took a hay ride,
 
 
 enjoyed cookies and hot chocolate,
 
 

and visited with Santa Claus.
 
 

In other news, we bought a new camera. 
Isn't it lovely?   


I wish I actually knew how to work the darn thing.
It's our first-ever digital SLR camera, so there are like three how-to booklets and a DVD to figure out how to work it.
I have only barely cracked open one of the booklets. 
 
I had to have Kimberly show me how to attach the different lenses, something she learned how to do in her yearbook class at school.
Have I really gotten to the age when my kids are showing me how to use technology?  Sheesh.
 
John and I are headed to a photography class this Saturday, so hopefully we'll get some good pointers on how to operate the thing.
 
 
 Over the weekend, John put in this beautiful door to the den (remember, this is where the closets used to be right next to the front door).
 
Also during the break, Alicia and I got the ceiling and doors painted in her room.  Next up is the trim and the beautiful blue color she chose.
 
Of course, we enjoyed lovely turkey festivities up at John's folks in Perry, and I for the first time ever experienced the true crowds of Black Friday when Walmart opened on Thursday evening.  Thankfully, I wasn't purchasing anything - just interviewing people for a story assignment, but whoa, there were a lot of people.

 
Lastly, this is currently my view out the kitchen window
...lots of blessed snow. 
Isn't it beautiful?
I love that we have different seasons here. 

2 comments:

Linda said...

I enjoy your adventures. Great new door!
Love,
Aunt Linda

M. Nelson said...

Love the door! Can't wait to see Alicia's room. Is you camera a Rebel? I can't help you with that. One you get the hang of it, manual mode is way easier that auto or semi-auto. Have fun at you class! I want to take a photo class again. They're so much fun!