Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Mini-Mate


Megan and I spend a lot of time together during the day while her sisters are gone at school.  We  love doing things together.  One of our favorite things to do is cuddle up together on the couch and watch cartoons.  We also like to make cookies together, read stories, or go on bike rides or walks, just the two of us.   


In fact, I call her my writing assistant because she comes to a lot of my story assignments with me.  I get told quite often how cute she is, and she is so good about staying right by me while I am interviewing.  Then when I get home and start writing, often Megan will climb up into my lap and sing songs with me while I write.  It's so fun to enjoy those moments with her because the time is going way too fast.

I am already getting sad about losing her to preschool...and that's over a year away!  Until then, she and I will continue to enjoy our time together.  I am so lucky to be a mom to our beautiful girls.   Before I know it, (in five short years...yikes!) Kimberly will be off to college. 

I am a different mom than I was 13 years ago.  Before, I was so frazzled that I counted down the years until Kimberly and Alicia started school.  Now, it's just the opposite.  I see just how real and quick these years with kids at home go by, and I have learned to make sure and enjoy my time with them while they are home. 
 

 

1 comment:

Nelson Nine said...

I love your new do and you are exactly write. Enjoy every moment--they do go way too fast!