Monday, February 25, 2013

...and it continues

Marian - this one is for you (and for anyone else who hasn't gotten tired of my reports on Megan's daily messes).  Then I promise I won't bore you with her further messes.


Don't let her cuteness fool you...

Yesterday, while John and I were still luxuriously sleeping in, Megan decided to get into more trouble. 

Whilst her sisters were glazedly sitting in front of the boob-tube (as my dad used to call it, uh, not really sure where he came up with that one, and now that I am thinking about it, I never asked him...wish I could call him up and ask, but alas, I digress...)

I have three large buckets in my pantry, one with rice, one with flour, and one with sugar.  They just so happened to be filled to the brim at the time, perfect for a 3-year-old playground.  She proceeded to dump rice - LOTS of it - into both the sugar and flour containers.  Next up was taking a big wooden spoon for stirring up her new concoctions, in the process dumping flour and sugar onto the floor. As she paddled about the kitchen and living room in between stirring sessions, she trailed bits of the white stuff with her. 

When I walked down the stairs, I noticed the white footprints and immediately, a gut-wrenching feeling hit as wandered in to find the source of said whiteness.  I learned all to quickly that it is nearly impossible, if not entirely, to remove rice from sugar and flour.  I had to dump out the entire buckets - precious money well-spent down the drain.  *Sigh* 

Next up in the day was the smidgets of gum I found on our new case for the tablet.  No problem, right?  Just small smidgets, easy to remove.  Hardly!!  Many-a-minute later, I had gotten most of it scraped off, but I think there is still a slight residue of gumminess left.  I have now reconsidered buying anything new until she turns 5. 

On a slightly different note, I had an incredible experience on Saturday for one of my story assignments.  It was one of those stories that left me in tears at the end, as I was so overcome with emotion for what the interviewees had experienced, and let me tell you, tears do not mix well while taking notes.  It was a sweet experience though. Feel free to read the story if you'd like:

http://www.standard.net/stories/2013/02/23/internment-camp-survivors-share-stories
 

1 comment:

M. Nelson said...

Ah, she looks too sweet and innocent to do all these things.

Well, on second glance she does have a little gleam in her eye!