Monday, February 27, 2012

Double Yuck

The two youngest girls both have ear infections. Poor dearies. Of course they didn't contract their symptoms at the same time, thus ensuing two separate doctor visits - lucky me.

They haven't been sleeping well at night due to the painful yuckiness, so they've found spots around the house to sleep during the day. It's the ONLY time they willfully take naps in unusual places.

Megan

Natalie

Now to find a comfy spot for John and I to recoup our sleep. I have to do a shout-out to John for volunteering to take Megan down to the recliner to sleep in the middle of the night so I could sleep after working with her for awhile. I am one lucky wife.

It's especially cute to see their older sisters cuddle with them. Priceless.

On a completely unrelated note, I attempted mock-fried rice the other night. Remember I'm on a low-carb, high protein kick for a few weeks. In case you were wondering if you wanted to try it, trust me when I say, you do NOT want to try fried cauliflower with soy sauce and fried rice seasoning. The real stuff is much better, I assure you.

P.S. If you weren't sure, the one on the left is the fake version with the real stuff on the right.

However, don't let this deter you from a low-carb, high protein diet - I'm a big believer in it as I'm seeing my body change shape, specifically my gut.

I like the fact that the diet incorporates a lot of extra vegetables in place of fat-inducers like rice, bread, potatoes, and pasta. I've been eating a fabulous zucchini soup for lunch that has tons of yummies in it like zucchini (obviously), tomatoes, peppers, chicken and black beans for protein, vegetable broth, and corn. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and cheddar cheese, it is delightfully delicious and very filling without extra carbs.

I also eat a lot of omelets, zucchini chunks in place of pasta (or peeled with a peeler and fried, though I haven't tried that yet), green salads and cottage cheese. I might very well get hooked, though I did indulge in my grandma's potatoes yesterday and a Large (yes, Large) chocolate shake with M&Ms from the Burger Stop on Saturday. Oh, and I discovered a most scrumptious pancake recipe that we indulged in not just Saturday morning, but Sunday morning and for me, even Sunday lunch because they were so yum. Yah, I didn't do so well with the carbs over the weekend, but today, so far-so good.

1 comment:

Nelson Nine said...

Hope they get better soon!