Sunday, July 18, 2010

What to do in 100 Degree Weather


Let the water fun begin is what I said...

...and begin it did on Friday at one of our neighbors' pools in her parents backyard. Then off to river rafting the Weber River on Saturday with friends finished off with another pool party Saturday evening. I'm sad to say I'm a little watered out and am now recovering in front of the AC instead.

I don't know if you could truly consider the Weber River a white water rafting experience, but there were a few fun rapids along the way and we successfully managed to dump two people out of the raft! We went with our dear friends the Griggs and had a fabulous time relaxing down the river, even bumping into a few trees on the side and getting stuck on a few rocks - but this is the nature of rafting down a river.





Speaking of rafting, I will always remember the best anniversary trip John and I had a few years ago (thanks to our friends who watched our kids so we could truly enjoy ourselves) up in Jackson Hole where we rafted the Snake River. Now that is some serious white water rafting as evidence shows below...


We are on the right side in the middle - see the one screaming with fright? Yup - me. Then there is the cool, calm and collect John. You can tell he had done that before :)


On a complete side note. I am now having to chase down this gal who is crawling everywhere...


and just because I can't get enough of showing off her pure cuteness, here is yet another picture-


I forgot she could crawl the other day when I set her up in the kitchen while I was attempting to vacuum up all the lovely remnants in the family room her sisters keep leaving for her to put in her mouth when a surprised Megan attempted to crawl down the 3 stairs into the family room and ker-plop- thankfully landing on her butt.

Here's to following her around for the next several weeks as I child-proof everything once again, pick up the floors every two seconds, and keep closing a certain door down to the basement so Megan can't kerplop down that long set of stairs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is about all you can do in hot weather...pool and sitting infront of AC. We add in humidity in there also so that's about all we do =)

Janell said...

I can't believe Megan is crawling! That opens up a whole new world for both Megan and Mommy! :-)

Glad everyone is having a good summer!

Linda said...

It sounds like everyone is enjoying the water. I remember doing the Snake River. It was great! She is plenty cute enough to post even more than two pictures.