Sunday, July 25, 2010

Found a Hidden Gem

We found a hidden gem this weekend.

Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. Cabin included.

Small, quaint, and packed with our fellow family reunion-goers. Perfect.

Swimming at the big splash park with slides was fun and adventurous. Adventurously trying to keep track of our 4 kids that is. Oh, and I did succeed in flying down one of the speed slides - this of course in response to my 10 and 8-year old informing me I was being a wimp when I waffled at the idea.

The best part was eating lunch at the cabin with all of our family from John's mom side. I am privileged to be a part of such a wonderful family and look forward to these reunions every year.

After lunch we went tubing down the river. No one has ever mentioned what a fun river they have with some serious rapids and drops. Perhaps they don't want all of us out-of-towners to know about their rare feast of fun. We will be traveling to Lava Hot Springs for all future tubing adventures.




5 comments:

tweston said...

That day was so much fun! I kind of wish I had gone tubing now!

Linda said...

Well, I guess I should have gone tubing. Thanks for the pictures. I wanted to see what it was like. It was great to see you!

Janell said...

We had a great time, too!

Nelson Nine said...

My goodness, I need to quit slacking on my blog reading. So much has been going on in your lives. It was so fun to see you guys!

David Deland said...

Oh! I thought you found a gem while rafting. Hehe! But this place seems more than a gem to me. Even your kids loved it! I do want to see more of your future adventures!