Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Surviving



I'm still here...barely.

Dealing with four kids all day while they get cabin fever is proving to be enough to make any sane woman question her sanity. Don't tell anyone, but I'm letting them have free rain over the TV, computer, and Wii just so I can survive this school break.

We had a lovely Christmas though and enjoyed our usual traditions.


Making Cookies for Santa. With two decorated cookies from
each girl, Santa rolled out of our house this year!

John and I got a string this year leading to a ping pong table down in our basement. So far it's been a hit with the kids and I am remembering how much I love ping pong. I have many fond memories playing with my family growing up - especially my dad when we originally used a table made out of plywood and saw horses.


6 comments:

Linda said...

What a cute bunch. You do come great things with your kids. Keep it up.
Love,
Linda

James and Katrina said...

I won't tell anyone about the media babysitter because I'm proving to do the same. The kids can play the Wii all day!

Anonymous said...

We got a Wii this Christmas..and it has been free reign on it also. I usually limit tv/pc/playstion to like 1/2 hr to 1 hr per day..and I think the kids are on one or the other all day long. Everyone's happy!

Nelson Nine said...

Wow! I haven't read for a while. I am glad you had a great Christmas and I second the school break thing!

Janell said...

I LOVE ping-pong but I'm not any good at it. It sounds like you had a nice Christmas.

The Heki Family said...

I won't tell anyone about the free rein either. I let Erika and Natalie watch so much TV and computer just so I could get something done. We don't have a wii but I want one. I would love to try the fit one that I have heard so much about. Chris doesn't want one though. I am glad you had a good Christmas.