Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Orion is a Ute!

The biggest question haunting me lately was whether or not Orion (my recently returned Kestrel) was a Ute or a Cougar. Now I know; he's a Ute! Now to convince him to become an Aggie! :)

During Orion's life on the lam, a kind photography couple from Murray who frequently visits the Farmington Bay Wildlife Refuge kept tabs on him. I would receive several updates each week. To repay their kindness, I brought Orion to work yesterday and stopped by their house with him. It was a good chat and they were quite excited to see him up close.

While at work, I placed the sports section of the SL Trib under his perch to keep things clean in the office. I didn't notice at the time that the left half of the front page was an article discussing the U's chances at the Poinsettia Bowl, and the right half was an article discussing the Y's chances at the Las Vegas Bowl. Near the end of the day, one of the guys in the office pointed out that Orion had "left his mark" repeatedly on the article discussing BYU's chances at the Las Vegas Bowl. It got quite the rise from my Cougar manager.

3 comments:

Janell said...

Ok - this one really made me laugh!

Linda said...

Fun blog. Keep it up!
Linda

Unknown said...

Go UTES! You are raising quite the bird lol