Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Girls...go down to the basement and play!

So, we have this wonderfully large playroom down in the basement where I keep most of the toys. I moved them down there a few years ago when they started taking over my family room. It has definitely been a win-win situation for all of us - I don't have to see the toys, and the girls can play to their heart's content out of earshot (mostly).

We have run into a problem of late though. The girls haven't wanted to play in the basement because they say it is too messy. I have them clean it up every Saturday, but unfortunately clutter has started accumulating faster than they can keep it clean. It is very telling when your kids won't play somewhere because it is too messy!! I should have taken pictures, but didn't think of it until now. The basement was filled with blankets, dolls, legos, craft projects, books, more doll stuff, etc. etc.

The girls and I got started last week and decided to spend an hour or two each day on it until it was done. I was determined to throw away or DI half the stuff so it wouldn't get so cluttered up again. After a week of cleaning out the basement, it is finally done with 3 large bags of garbage and a whole trunk load of DI stuff. The girls have been playing down there non stop for the last several days now that they can actually find their toys and have space to play!

Now I need to get to cleaning the rest of my house that I put off while I was working on the basement cleaning project.

2 comments:

Janell said...

As much as I dread them, its wonderful going on a cleaning spree. It's amazing how much stuff we find that we can get rid of.

Hmmm . . . I think I'm inspired! :-)

Nelson Nine said...

Wow, you have inspired me. I really need to get cleaning.