Tuesday, September 15, 2015

School has begun

School has begun around here, and I was a little sad to have Megan, my sweet companion, start kindergarten. The morning of their first day, Megan realized I was sad and told me I could use her stuffed bear to cuddle with while she was gone. So cute!

We have quite the day - Kim is up at 6 a.m. and takes the bus to high school at 7 a.m. Alicia is usually up around 6:45 a.m. so she can make it out to her bus to junior high by 7:30 a.m. and the younger two girls are up and going by 7:45 a.m. so they can catch their bus at 8:30 a.m. Then Megan is home by 11:45 a.m., Kim is home at 2:30 p.m., Alicia at 3:15, and Natalie at 4 p.m.

So, I only have a couple of hours to myself, but I make the most of it! I usually go for my hour-long walk, then get some work in before Megan gets home. I am getting settled into my new resume-writing gig while also still writing religion and stories for Hill AFB. I love what I do and am glad I get to do it from home.

Let me tell you what we have been up to as a family. Sorry, there aren't any pictures! We keep forgetting to take snapshots of our different activities. Kimberly started up with a local Scout Venturing Crew (which allows girls), but they are their own charter - or something like that - so they rely entirely on parent help, so John attends as one of the leaders. They recently had a weekend camping trip, which included a bunch of different activities in Salt Lake.

We then headed up to Lava Hot Springs on Labor Day to retry our tubing adventure - remember we got rained out back in August? It was fun, though a little chilly.

Kim is working at Lagoon right now for their Frightmares. She is a zombie in one of the haunted houses. Sadly, I will not see her in action because I absolutely hate haunted houses. John and Alicia will have to go inside and see her.

I think that's it for now - just wanted to make sure you knew we were still alive :)

2 comments:

M. Nelson said...

So many new things! I need to hear more about the new job. It sounds very interesting. And playing a zombie would have been an awesome teenage job. Have a lot of fun with that, Kimberly! :)

tweston said...

What a busy schedule! At least you get a little time to yourself :)