Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The End is Near...

The air is changing, night is falling upon us sooner, and we've begun pulling out the school backpacks and making lists of school supplies that need to be purchased before school starts on Monday.

Aahhh!! Does the summer really have to come to an end? It has been a blissful summer and I've enjoyed having older kids as we enjoyed nice lazy summer mornings and then playing until we dropped late into the night.

We did enjoy August to it's fullest, with our usual Bear Lake fun with the Rimington Clan and then a family camping trip the weekend after, though that turned into an adventure. We had planned to meet up with friends in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho to go camping and tubing down the river, but it was supposed to rain all weekend, so while our friends braved the rain (well, in truth, they got rained out and came home early), we opted to camp up Ogden Canyon where it was sunny. We had a lovely time and enjoyed all things camping, including my famous Dutch oven chocolate cake and the small river by our campsite.



We still have some fun plans in the upcoming weekends - and we are determined to make it back up to Lava for a day of tubing. However, we will have to be a little more creative in our getaways as I have been asked to work in the newsroom on Saturday afternoons paginating some of the pages for the Sunday newspaper.

It isn't the most ideal of days to be working, but as things are kind of up in the air with a new editor who doesn't seem to be utilizing us correspondents like the past editors have done, I see it as an opportunity to fill in that gap of fewer stories and building up my work experience from a new angle.

Besides, I LOVE doing page layouts - it was one of my favorite classes in college and I've loved putting together newsletters and such, so this is really right up my alley.

I haven't taken a ton of pictures this month, but here are a few:


Natalie adores kitties - wherever we go. 


We went to the Davis County Fair where the younger girls of course enjoyed the princess show and pony rides. The older girls, not so much, but we did all enjoy the elephant show. It is really hard sometimes with a family of "olders" and "youngers" to try and find something for everybody to enjoy!


One of my dear friends from high school was in town for business and she and I got together for dinner. It was lovely catching up. 


Now I'm off to enjoy our last few days of summer....

3 comments:

M. Nelson said...

This layout job must be a new development since we talked last. You'll have to tell me all about it! Congratulations! Enjoy your last few days of summer before the ol' grind begins again. :)

tweston said...

I think I am just as sad that summer is coming to an end!

Nelson Nine said...

I hate it that summer has ended too!