Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Weekend Getaways - Yes, Plural


John and I enjoyed a getaway weekend recently - no kids - just us - it was absolutely delightful!
We went hiking, biking, out to eat...just lovely. 

I also just got home from a getaway weekend to Phoenix where I got to visit with my sister and mom. 


 We checked out downtown Phoenix, which included the Japanese Friendship Gardens and some delicious donuts...


We also went to the Renaissance Festival. 

It was really fun watching various performances and musicians, eating yummy food...


...and mom wanted a picture of us in these lovely outfits - 


In other news, we went as a family to see the test launch of ATK's rocket booster. 


We had to get up before the crack of dawn to make it up to the launching in time. 
It was worth it though...



3 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing. I love it.

M. Nelson said...

Great picture of the launch! Glad you had some time with your sister and mom. That is so important. And spouse time too. You are inspiring me to find a few getaways of my own. I think it's time!

Nelson Nine said...

I loved your posts. Glad you had fun on your get-aways.