Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bumping along into January

Though I may be done with Target, there have been some editorial shifts at the newspaper, so I am working for four different editors now - one for education stories, another for the military stories, one for the city news they want me to cover in the north part of Davis County, and another editor for religion stories and other features stories they send my way. That translates into a lot of stories, which means I'm getting inundated.


I may look like this at the moment.
(I totally just found this picture as I was looking for the ones below. Looks like someone got a candid shot without me realizing it)
However, I am happy because as I burn the midnight oil right now, my awesome husband is sweeping the kitchen and wiping up the kitchen table. Sweetness!!

Anyway, having my stories increased may or may not be a good thing. Good, because the higher ups at the paper like me. Bad, because I've jumped from one boiling pot into the next. Thankfully, most of my work is from home, so I get to have these fun moments:

 Megan likes to sit on the heaters in the house every time she hears them turn on. 
Seriously funny. 

 Kim was out playing in the snow the other day without her coat while it was snowing. 
For fun. Hmm. I prefer to stay inside next to Megan on the heater vent. 

Okay, that was fun. Back to my story...

5 comments:

Linda said...

Way to go miss journalist. We now know someone famous.
Linda

M. Nelson said...

Growing up, I was just like Megan! In fact, each morning John, Michael and I used to trade off sitting on the front room heater while the others took their turn in the bathroom.

John said...

The register by the front door of the Elwood house. It has to be the right distance from the wall.

Nelson Nine said...

I'm with you on the heater vent thing! Glad you are back. Now could you update mine!

Nelson Nine said...

I'm with you on the heater vent thing! Glad you are back. Now could you update mine!