Monday, March 10, 2014

Fastest Mom on Ice

Look who I got to meet today:

 
Olympic Silver Medalist Noelle Pikus-Pace for a story I did at Northridge High School in Layton.
 
I am laughing in the above picture because I kept stumbling over the word "medalist" for the video.
Oh yah, the photographer begged me to be on camera - apparently our editors prefer us there. Did they forget I didn't go into broadcast journalism?

I told her I hadn't done my hair yet, hence the hat (it was an early-morning story, and I am no early-bird), and a face devoid of makeup.
She finally talked me into it, saying I looked just lovely.
She was kind enough to send me some of these screen shots from her video feed.
 
 
Probably the ONLY time I will ever meet an Olympian.
She was so genuine and friendly, such an inspiration.
 
If you want to check out the story, here it is:
 
 
 

3 comments:

James and Katrina said...

Nice Job!

James and Katrina said...

Nice Job!

tweston said...

That's so neat! You get to meet such cool people. :)