Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summer Fun

 
 Here is a smattering of some of the fun things we have been up to this summer.  It has occurred to me that my pictures are sadly lacking - I keep forgetting to take out my camera. 
 

The older girls made homemade watercolor paints. 
Amazingly, they worked really well.
 
 
Then I went camping with a bunch of gals in my ward. 
 
 
 
Many of these same lovely gals threw me a surprise goodbye party too a week later (though I still see them all the time since I don't live very far away, but still...I'm not in the same neighborhood anymore, so it has been a tad hard adjusting)

 

For the fourth of July, we spent the afternoon finding some new couches to replace our 16-year old ones, and then enjoyed a BBQ in the evening with friends, where we served up our lovely "dirt" dessert. 


We enjoyed a Rimington family reunion with LOTS of fun water games. 
 

We went camping up to Lava Hot Springs with some friends.
 


The girls found a fun cave near our campsite. 
 

 
 They even improvised on some baseball. 
 
 
 We then spent most of Saturday rafting.  It was a blast!
 

Even Megan enjoyed the fun. 

 
John made whistles for the kids out of sticks (much to our listening pleasure)
 
 
And we enjoyed relaxing away from all the stress of moving and selling a house.

 Camping is just not camping without some good Dutch Oven cooking :)
 
 
Last week we celebrated Alicia's birthday at Cherry Hill waterpark with Aunt Marian and her kids, and then we made these fun panda cupcakes. 


 
 Uh, photo bomb...Let's try this again:
 

One of my Meldrum cousins from Arkansas even stopped by for a visit :)
 


Good times, good times, indeed. 
I'm glad we still have another month left of summer. 
We still have some lake trips to enjoy and another camping trip before the summer is out. 
 

1 comment:

M. Nelson said...

Busy summer! What a fun thing to camp with your friends. I would imagine that was a lot more relaxing than most camping trips for a change. We had fun at Cherry Hill. Thanks for inviting us!