Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Few Trains To Go Aound

First and Foremost, Happy Birthday to this gal, who is now....13!!!
 

She has been saving up all of her babysitting money from the past several months to buy a Kindle Fire.  She was still a few bucks short, so we gave her the option of using our birthday money to contribute, and it was enough to purchase it.  She is one happy birthday girl. 

On another note, I have to post about sweet Alicia.  She has been saving her money as well from odd jobs she does around the house, and has accumulated a little nest egg.  She asked if I would take her to Claire's (a jewelry shop) last week.  I thought she had intended to get something for herself, but when we got there, she showed me the cutest Big Sister/Little Sister necklaces she purchased for Kimberly's birthday.


 
It makes my heart happy to see them doing sweet things for each other like that.
Speaking of sweet things, Kimberly made these oodles of goodness for us yesterday:
 
 
I forced her to put chocolate chips in half of them.  If it was up to her, she would keep everything chocolate-chipless around here.  Did she seriously come from mine and John's chocolate-loving genes?
 
Back to the main title of this post.
We journeyed up to Ogden's Union Station for their model train show on Friday evening.
 
 
I was prepared to be unimpressed, not being a train lover myself, but I was fascinated, as were the kids. 
They had numerous hands-on train sets for them to play with, not to mention the massive Lego creations they had set up around some of the model trains. 
 


 
 
Way Fun. 

In other funness news, we also celebrated Kimberly's birthday at Boondocks yesterday with go-carts and arcade games.
 
Suffice it to say we had fun - so much so that I forgot to pull out the camera.

1 comment:

Nelson Nine said...

What sweet girls! Aren't you lucky! Loved reading about Megans messes too.