Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Lights at Temple Square

 We decided to brave the crowds down at temple square on Sunday night, especially since my sister Shannon and her husband Dereck were in town.

We had a great time with them
(especially the girls...can you tell?)

  We enjoyed watching the Nativity and even checked out the old tabernacle.  

 
 Did you know the Mormon Tabernacle Organ has 11,623 pipes in 200 rows?  We learned that on Sunday night.  See mormontabernaclechoir.org if you want to learn more about it. 


 I love this picture of Kimberly - so sweet.  

So, there were A LOT of people there, but of all people to run into, I bumped into one of my Meldrum cousins, Bruce Merrill and his wife, April who live up in Oregon, oddly enough, right near my sister, Christy.  Bruce is my Aunt's son.  It was so fun to catch up with them.


On a side note, you can see here that my sister Shannon got the tall genes.  I come in at 5'6", and Shannon is 5'10" (I think).  I am the shortest of my 4 siblings...and I'm the oldest too.  Weird. 

No comments: