Monday, August 27, 2012

All in a Day's Work

I covered a story this last weekend involving a club of off-roading vehicles.  I had fully expected to interview a few of the club members on the phone, but they called me back after my initial phone call inviting me and my family on their next trail ride.  

Gladly, I said, especially given that I've NEVER been off-roading before.

 I took the two older girls with me (deciding that the 2 younger girls probably weren't old enough) and we loaded up in this monster climbing vehicle (at least that's what the driver called it). 

I really had no idea what kind of adventure awaited us.  
It was heart-pounding, exhilarating, and yes, even a tad frightening at moments when I thought for-sure we were going to roll over, especially when we were going up through this section of rocks.


I needn't have worried though because we were in good hands, and the driver assured me he had only rolled his vehicle on two instances.  

Okay, on second thought, just enough times for me to worry.  Just a little.

 At least we didn't have to be towed, like this guy. 

 Unbeknownst to me, the photographer from the newspaper took a couple of photos of us and the beautiful scenery.  I can see why people get hooked on 'wheeling.'  

I've told John he has my full support if he decides he ever wants to buy a jeep and take me jeeping.

If you are interested in the story, here's the link:

1 comment:

Nelson Nine said...

Looks to scary for me but kind of fun too! I love your new family pictures!